Nasty Travel companions may spoil all the fun…
We all love to travel but quite a few of us have made the experience that a nasty travel companion can spoil the fun at times! That is the reason why a lot of people have turned away from scheduled group tours and rather do their own thing, for example by renting a car and driving around their destination on their own. It is easy to do - either you sit down and plan & book your own tour or you turn to a company like Exploring Iceland and ask them to put together your personal self- drive tour.
Reasons for this might be plenty – you might be used to driving on the other side of the road, not happy about driving in harsh weather conditions or rather wanting to see the landscape and not having to concentrate on the roads….
In the last years Exploring Iceland has been addressing this dilemma by setting up guided tours for private groups. Extended families, groups of close friends who share the same interests, company colleagues or other small and even micro-groups have turned to Exploring Iceland to obtain their tailor-made tour program with a dedicated private driver & guide.
- You get to choose who will come along.
- You can ask for the things you would like to see & do and leave out those things you did not like in any regular or scheduled itinerary.
- You get to pick and choose the accommodation – pick your choice from boutique hotels to luxury hotels or you could even try glamping in a yurt!
- You set your own budget for the tour.
- You get your own Exploring Iceland travel designer who will dedicate himself to you and your holiday dreams. You can email, skype or phone him and together you will design your trip – you bring your wishes and he brings his extensive location expertise - so you won´t be disappointed when you finally arrive!
- Any special needs or diets? No problem – we will attend to them!
- Need different programs for good old Granny and the kids – we will find solutions that suit everybody!
- You want some action and adventure but want to be sure that you will come out of it safe and sound? We will pick the right partner on site that can be trusted - be it for horseback riding or a thrilling walk on the glacier!
At Exploring Iceland we have been creating family tours around special occasions (i.e. a 75th birthday) or family reunions, we have drafted educational trips, arranged romantic get-away for loving couples and organized special activity tours (horseback riding and hiking) for years and we love to cater to your wishes!
At Exploring Iceland we like challenges and you can be sure we will put our heart and soul into creating the special moments you have been dreaming of!
Culinary tours have become very popular – spend a long weekend in and around Reykjavík to get a taste of Iceland – visit the producers in the countryside, visit micro-breweries, organic greenhouses, chocolate factories and enjoy an entertaining private cooking class in a rustic farm house kitchen!
And who said that bachelor/bachelorette parties have got to be all about drinking? We will tailor your alternative Icelandic culinary bachelor event for you – and it will be absolutely unique and instagrammable!
Do you have a knitting club and want to come to Iceland for a wool workshop and do some sightseeing along the way or do you belong to a close- knit group of birders and want to learn about the Eider ducks and puffins at first hand?
So - do we deliver what we promise?
Here is a small selection of what our clients had to say about their tour with Exploring Iceland:
“It was the trip of a lifetime- fantastic! The arrangements were seamless.”
“The guide was phenomenal, just the right dose of guide, friend, encourager, expert and so much fun!”
“The guide was amazing. She was so encouraging with our riding, a great teacher, and a marvelous host. You felt close visiting with family, not with a “tour guide” She is a complete gem!! Love her to bits!”
“You did a wonderful job and from my experience (we do travel quite a lot) Iceland has the most gracious and warm people of anywhere we have been. We loved it all, the accommodations were wonderful, your descriptions and recommendations very informative and all in all a truly wonderful experience. You can count us in as ambassadors for recommending Iceland and using Exploring Iceland as well! You did a wonderful job on our itinerary and we thank you!”
See more: https://www.exploringiceland.is/testimonials.html
Blog written by; Meike Witt
Photos: Steinunn and others